Sunday, March 27, 2011

Slacking

Well the last two weeks have involved very little training due to Recognition, midterms, and Spring Break but I'll be back on the bike before long.  Being back at school after an amazing trip home for break is a bummer, but I'm in the final stretch of this school year, with just 15 lessons left until finals.

Over break, I was able to see family and friends, and catch up on life with everyone close to me.  I ate out way too often and didn't really work out, but oh well.  Just yesterday, my brother and I took my dad out for a day of fun for his birthday.  Coop surprised him with his visit, but the surprises continued on.  After lunch, indoor go-kart racing, and a movie, we came home to my dad's 60th surprise birthday party.  As it turns out, he had 0 idea of the party, and was truly blown away with everyone there.  I'm certain he had a great time, and I'm glad I was able to be there with him for his 60th Birthday.

Along with being home with friends and family, I had the distinct opportunity to ride in an F-16 fighter jet in Phoenix this last Thursday.  Very few people will ever receive a ride, and I know how lucky I am to be given the chance.  I rode in the back seat of the plane during an actual mission, so "Twitch" my pilot, wasn't able to do the maneuvers I had been hoping for; oh well.  We did however roll inverted a few times, pulled 6 G's, had a full afterburner take off, and best of all, I didn't throw up...  The hour and a half I spent in the air was probably the best 90 minutes of my life.  I will remember my flight for quite some time, and now have something tangible to work towards.

I'll get back to the training this week, no worries.  Hope everyone's doing well, take care!

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment